1. Be flexible with your tent setup.
3. Use biodegradable trail marking tape.
5. Maximize your packing efficiency.
7. Pack duct tape around a lighter or water bottle to save space.
10. The Tick Key is another super portable option for tick removal.
Basically, be totally prepared to remove ticks quickly.
11. Know your knots.
PRO-KNOT makes a credit card-sized set of knot types for easy reference.
12. Familiarize yourself with these poisonous plants.
13. Make your own walking staff.
Walking sticks help with stability and balance and are especially good for your knees and back on a long hike.
15. Pack some simple DIY firestarters like cotton pads dipped in wax or cotton balls coated in Vaseline.
Tips for preparation here.